Happy New Year! We hope you had a relaxing holiday season and are ready to jump into the new year. So what can you expect in lighting trends this year? Lets take a look at the top trends.
While it isn’t a NEW trend, LED lighting continues to be the hot topic in the lighting world. Currently, LED fixtures comprise of 30% of the market but that number is expected to skyrocket to 70% in the next 4 years. For both interior and exterior lighting, we can expect to see a larger variety of products utilizing LED technology.
- Well lit cabinetry – low voltage lighting is being used to lite up cabinetry in the kitchen. Lights are placed below cabinetry for task lighting, above and inside cabinetry for a design effect, and even below counter top overhangs. LED lighting has made cabinetry lighting affordable and easy.
- Pendant lighting will continue to be popular this year with different shapes emerging and the variety of metal color options.
- Filament Lighting – This is also referred to as the Edison bulb, antique lighting or vintage. A lot of the new fixtures on the market are utilizing these bulbs. The lamps are not only trendy but the offer a rich and warm feeling to a room. They now offer these types of lamps in an LED version as well.
- Over sized fixtures used especially on larger homes to make a statement.
- Hidden safety and security – While safety and security are always top of mind, you don’t want the harsh lighting that is glaring you in the eyes or the ugly flood lights. You can get a better look and all the security with smaller fixtures that are hidden. Popular places are on the stairs, inside columns and staggered along walkways.
- Easy to Control – We will continue to see more lighting systems that are automated and easy to control and change using a smartphone or tablet.
What lighting trends would you like to see in 2016? We’d love to hear from you!
For more information on the products above, check out Kichler’s website…